We Are Safely Reopening
The animals and staff at Thrigby have really missed our visitors during lockdown. We are fortunate enough to be a predominately outdoor space so our visitors can enjoy seeing most of our animals whilst enjoying the fresh air and beautiful grounds of Thrigby Hall.
The safety and welfare of our visitors, staff and animals is our top priority, so we kindly ask that all visitors adhere to the safety measures we have implemented, so that we can ensure the safest experience possible for everyone.
We recommend that you read this information carefully to understand everything you need to know before you visit, what to expect when you visit and how to book.
Find out more about your new experience at Thrigby Hall and how we are working hard to keep everybody safe:
When will we reopen?
Thrigby Hall will reopen on Saturday 4th July to all visitors.
*If you are a season ticket holder then please bring your valid season ticket with you. If it has expired during the period of closure then this is still classed as valid. All season tickets will be exchanged for a new ticket with an extended expiry date.
*Bookings are time and date specified only and are non-refundable except if the Gardens are closed.
The Park will be open every day from 10am. Last entry will be at 4pm and the park will close at 5pm. The car park gates will be locked at 6pm.
How to book
- Book via our online tickets system on our website www.thrigbyhall.com
- We are limiting the number of visitors per day so that we can safely manage people and ensure physical distancing. We recommend you book your visit early.
- All visitors, including members and children under 3 years old, will need to pre-book tickets online to ensure that we can safely manage numbers.
- Tickets are free to members and children under 3 years old.
- When booking you will need to select an arrival time slots. We ask that you stick to your allocated arrival time slot as entry to the park cannot be guaranteed if you miss it. This is so we can keep queuing to a minimum.
- When booking online you will be required to create an account, in order to proceed beyond the checkout, if you have not purchased tickets online with us before
- If you are not able to print your tickets it is possible for you to show us the confirmation email, on your mobile phone, at the admissions desk. If you do not have a mobile phone, please bring your booking reference with you.
Visitors are only permitted to enter Thrigby Hall at the arrival time slot they have booked however the arrival time does not affect the length of time you can stay for your visit.
- Toilets are available.
- Baby changing facilities will be available in the toilets.
- Cockatoo Café will offer takeaway options, with limited outside seating available only.
- Visitors are welcome to bring their own picnics and picnic blankets/chairs.
- We would prefer contactless payments, wherever possible.
- Face coverings are not mandatory however if you feel more comfortable wearing a face mask then please feel free to do so for your own peace of mind.
- Protective screening has been installed at contact points, including the entrance kiosk, shop and café tills.
- We’ve added additional signage to remind staff and visitors of social distancing and handwashing guidelines.
- Additional hand sanitiser points have been implemented around the park.
- Regular cleaning will be carried out across the entire park.
- Please avoid touching any of the glass surfaces around the enclosures.
- Please do not visit if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have any underlying health conditions that may put you at risk. If you are vulnerable in any way, it is your responsibility to make the right choice for yourself and others around you. Please follow the advice given at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Navigating the park
- There will be a one way route around the park. There will also be separate entry and exit lanes at the main entrance for visitors to enter and leave the park safely.
- Our gift shop will have a one way system in place.
- Current restrictions
- The Swamp House and Forest House will open from 4th July. Please maintain social distancing in the indoor areas and use the hand sanitiser that we have provided.
- All outdoor play areas will open on 4th July. The 3d Maze and undercover soft play areas will remain closed.
- Public Feed talks are currently suspended.
The guidelines are changing on a regular basis and we are following them closely and will keep working hard to react to any changes as quickly as we can.
Discounts have been temporarily suspended whilst we are operating with restricted visitors and online booking only. This includes: Spree vouchers, complimentary tickets and £1 off online booking.
Valid Season Tickets will be extended to cover the period of time that we have been closed. Any tickets the expired during the period of closure will also be extended to ensure that our valued Season Ticket Holders are not disadvantaged. Please bring your Season Ticket with you so that we can issue a new pass with the extended date on.
If you are not currently a Season Ticket Holder but would like to purchase one then they will be available to buy online via our website soon.
The cafe serves a range of hot and cold food, including; jacket potatoes with various fillings, sandwiches, hot dogs, sausage rolls, cakes and snacks. There is food that is suitable for all age ranges and many vegetarian and gluten free options are available. We also sell a range of hot and cold drinks and ice creams.
In line with current guidelines, the cafe will be offering a limited menu with a takeaway service. The cafe building will be closed and outdoor seating will be limited. You are welcome to bring a picnic and your own picnic blankets and chairs.
We have a large play area which includes a 3D Adventure Maze, climbing frames, a large slide and an undercover toddler soft play area. There is also a separate Tree Ropes play area and there is another maze situated on the front lawn alongside a play area and slide that it suitable for younger children. The large front lawn of the hall provides plenty of space for children to run around and play and is also a perfect spot for a picnic.
*The 3d Maze and undercover soft play area are currently closed.
Our Gift Shop is located within the main building of Thrigby Hall. Here you will find a selection of gifts ranging from clothing, toys, souvenirs and books. We also stock a range of local produce including jams, chutneys and confectionery.
Please use contactless payments and adhere to social distancing measures in the gift shop. We will be limiting the numbers of people in the shop at any one time.
Get Close to the Animals
Explore the park using our unique network of walk ways. You can follow the bridges across the lake, climb the Jubilee Tree Walk to get magnificent views of the park and venture into the Tiger Tunnel. There is also the Tiger Tree Walk which takes you directly over the enclosure and the Tiger Machan Viewing Platform where you can be inches away from our magnificent Sumatran Tigers. Walk through the tree tops with the Gibbons and follow the walk way around the trees over the Leopard enclosures. Discover Cats Cloisters, explore the Pool Garden and enjoy the Aviaries.
The Swamp House and Forest House are open. We kindly request that all visitors follow the signage on site, use the additional hand washing stations and adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
At Thrigby Hall we want to make everyone's visit as enjoyable as possible, and are committed to providing suitable access for all our visitors, whatever their individual needs. Paths and walkways around the park are predominantly pushchair and wheelchair friendly. Our network of accessible wooden walk ways allow you to walk amongst the trees with the Gibbons and climb the Tiger Machan to the viewing platform where you can be within inches of our magnificent Sumatran Tigers. Access to the park from the car park is wheelchair and pushchair friendly, the cafe and shop have access ramps and we have disabled toilet facilities. If you have any queries regarding your access needs then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Animal Talks & Feeds
Watch our team of Keepers feed the animals and listen to their informative talks. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn all about the animals here at Thrigby Hall.
All animal talks are currently suspended in line with Government guidelines. There is informative signage around the park to give you lots of information about the animals and our staff are always willing to answer any further questions that you may have about our animals.
Feed & Talk Times
Our Public Feeding Talks are currently suspended in line with Government guidelines.